Simple Rectangular Shape
This simple piece of art is easy for kids to start thread arts. Choose any color of your choice and it will give a good contrast on wooden board. See the step by step instructions below.
- A rectangular board of width 28 X 13 inches.
- 200 strong pins or nails and a hammer to fix pins
- Thread, strong enough to hold atleast 1kg of weight. You can choose color of your choice.
Optional efforts to make the art look better
- Paint your board with nice color which gives nice backgorund to your art
- You can choose a nice velvet cloth for good background
Now lets make this
- Draw a rectangle of width 70 cms and height 30 cms. Circumference of rectangle is 200 cms.
- Start from one corner and fix pins on the circumference of rectangle with space of 1 cm between 2 pins
- Lets give all corners numbering as a, b, c, and d. Tie the thread at corner a and follow the below rules:
- Pass thread from corner a to first pin of corner b.
- Pass thread from first pin of b to first pin of c
- Pass thread from first pin of c to first pin of d
- Pass thread from first pin of d to first pin of a
- Pass thread from first pin of a to second pin of b
- Pass thread from second pin of b to second pin of c and so on....
- After 30 rounds, you will reach at a point where 31st pin from corner a will be connected to 1st pin of c which in other terms is 31st pin from corner b. So keep on repeating the pattern.