Binary Star Rays
This beautiful piece of contemporary art draws inspiration from Twin stars in our galaxy. Dark background symbolizes the space. Just two sharp colors will be good for this piece of art. See the step by step instructions below.
- A circular board of diameter 26 inches.
- 200 strong pins or nails and a hammer to fix pins
- Threads, strong enough to hold atleast 1kg of weight. You can choose colors of your choice.
Optional efforts to make the art look better
- Paint your board with nice color which gives nice backgorund to your art
- You can choose a nice velvet cloth for good background
Now lets make this
- Draw a circle of radius 12.5 inches from center of the board. Circumference is around 200 cms.
- Pick a starting point, lets call it 0. Now starting from 0, keep fixing pins on the circumference of the circle at a space of 1cm. So if you number your pins, it will be 0, 1, 2, 3, ... 199.
- Now tie the thread with 0 and pass the thread around the pins as following rule:
- We will simply follow the rule
- Starting from 0 always, pass the thread from 0 to 1, 0 to 2, 0 to 3, 0 to 4 and so on till you complete the circle
- Now consider 100th pin as the starting point and name it as 0. Follow the above rule. You can pick any differnt color.