This beautiful piece of contemporary art draws inspiration from Nebula Galaxy in the dark space. Dark background symbolizes the space. More the colors better it gets. See the step by step instructions below.
- A circular board of diameter 26 inches.
- 200 strong pins or nails and a hammer to fix pins
- Thread, strong enough to hold atleast 1kg of weight. You can choose colors of your choice.
Optional efforts to make the art look better
- Paint your board with nice color which gives nice backgorund to your art
- You can choose a nice velvet cloth for good background
Now lets make this
- Draw a circle of radius 12.5 inches from center of the board. Circumference is around 200 cms.
- Pick a starting point, lets call it 1. Now starting from 0, keep fixing pins on the circumference of the circle at a space of 1cm. So if you number your pins, it will be 0, 1, 2, 3, ... 199.
- Now tie the thread with 0 and pass the thread around the pins as following rule:
- We will simply follw the table of 2. e.g 0x2=0, 1x2=2, 2x2=4, 3x2=6, 4x2=8, 5x2=10 and so on...
- Starting from 0, Pass the thread to 1, 1 -> 2, 2-> 4, 4 -> 3, 3 -> 6, 6 -> 4, 4 -> 8, 8 -> 5.... and so on till you complete half circle.
- Now assume pin 10 is the starting point and we can label it as 0. Follow the above rule till you complete the half circle. You can pick some other thread for each half circle.